There are presently no open calls for submissions.
***Please read this document carefully and note the drop off and pickup dates before submitting.*** TRYST Gallery is accepting submissions for the next show in our new series, Tryst FM! The Hip Holiday Exhibition opens on November 1st and the deadline for submissions is on October 18th. Our new show series is based on fun combinations of musical genres. The same non-rules apply, submit your best work, whatever you like. Our shows have names and not themes. That means that you can use the name of the show for inspiration or not! As long as your work was created in the past year, we welcome all of your art. Happy Creating! Entries are made online through Submittable. A Submittable account is free and easy to create. Submissions are limited to three items per Artist. Again, you may submit work of any theme or style. Questions may be directed to Kris Loya at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to provide a prompt response. Please read all of the following information for our acceptance criteria. KEY DATES
- Submissions begin Monday, September 16th 2019
- Deadline for Submissions is midnight Friday, October 18th 2019
- Accepted work will be announced on Sunday, October 20th 2019
- Please check your junk mail by end of day on Sunday, October 20th 2019
- Drop-Offs are Saturday,October 26th 10 am- 4 pm ( Absolutely no Artwork can be accepted after October 26th at 4 pm).
- Premier reception will be Friday, November 1st 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM. The exhibition runs through Thursday, January 9th.
- Art pick-up, after the run of Hip Holiday Saturday January 18 th 10 am- 4 pm
- It's easy to submit work but PLEASE adhere to ALL of the guidelines.
- Please note drop off and pick up dates carefully before submitting. We are not able to store artwork that has not been collected.
- Artists must reside in the Virginia, West Virginia, DC and Maryland region.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Tryst Gallery can only accept 2D work or 3D work that can be hung.
- There is no size limit but note that we can only accept a few very large pieces per show.
- All artwork must be original art of the artist’s own creation.
- All accepted artwork must be dry and equipped to be hung.
- A note on hanging, Please make sure that your frames are dust and grease free, in good condition and your wires don't come up over the frame. D hooks are preferred but not required. if using anything other than D hooks please make sure that they will not cause the piece to tilt or protrude off of the wall. If using store-bought frames, please add wires unless they come with bendable saw tooth hangers. Frames will be checked at drop off and you will be required to make adjustments if necessary.
- Artwork must have been completed within the past 12 months.
- All submissions will be approved by jury process. These Jurists participate on a rotating basis, ensuring the gallery exhibits a variety of Artists that are representative of the work produced in our region.
- Gallery personnel will hang the exhibition.
- You may upload a maximum of 3 works; each by separate submission. Please take great care in filling the submission form. If submitting more than one piece, please copy and paste your bio into EACH entry. ***There are no bios or contact information kept on file***
- If you are submitting a Diptych or Triptych please submit as one submission using one photo of all pieces together.
- Accepted Artwork Artists shall pay TRYST Gallery a fee of $15.00 for each accepted item.
Entries must include:
- One (1) image per submitted artwork jpg format.
- Please fill out all fields of the form including your bio. (failure to do so may result in your piece not being juried).
- Delivered work must be dry, ready to hang, include Artist’s name, title of work, media and price marked on the back of each item.
- Artists must pay costs of delivery and return and accept liability (if shipping).
- It is possible that a piece of accepted art may not be hung due to the combined volume of all accepted works. Tryst Gallery will make every effort to hang every accepted piece of art. The Tryst Gallery fee will be refunded if any accepted piece can not be displayed due to space limitations.
Gallery Agreement By submitting work, Artist accepts the following terms: This agreement is part of the submission form. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before submitting your art work. The Artist grants Tryst Gallery (Gallery) an exclusive right to sell any submitted/accepted art work while the work is on display at Gallery. Tryst Gallery charges a fee of $15.00 for each accepted work. Gallery will retain a 25% commission of all art sales of any accepted work while it is on display at Tryst Gallery. Disbursement of the Artist's portion of sales proceeds will occur within 5 business days after the end of the calendar month during which the work was sold. During the exhibition of accepted art work, reception or event, Artist shall retain ownership and risk of loss for their respective art work until sale or artist retrieves unsold work. Artist expressly agrees to allow Gallery to photograph and reasonably use a limited number of images of Artist’s art work for Gallery advertising of exhibitions, receptions or events. Such images Artist’s work shall not be reproduced by Gallery as prints, copies or other forms of reproduction for sale by Gallery, its employees, contractors, agents or business affiliates. All images of art work and art originals shall remain solely and absolutely the property of the original Artist until such time as the original art or reproduction is purchased or Artist otherwise transfers ownership by trade, financial transaction or by written agreement signed by the original Artist. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and local jurisdictions having authority. Declined Artwork questions may be directed to Jim Sisley at email@example.com or call 571-215-5561. We will make every effort to provide a prompt response.